The Research Teams in Munich and Marburg
Two research teams at the universities of Munich and Marburg will cooperate in the new Corpus of Baroque Ceiling Painting in Germany. They complement each other in their academic and technical expertise, and act in close collaboration:
Project management, project coordination, art historical research, and teaching (see also in section People).
Technological and art historical research, hosting of the objects in the database Bildindex Architektur und Kunst, organisation of photo campaigns, digital data modelling, development and long-term maintenance of the virtual research and publication platforms.
National and International Cooperations
The project strives for close cooperation with national and international institutions for historical monument preservation, and the state administrations for residential palaces and stately homes in the respective counties of Germany. The following cooperation-agreements have been concluded:
Internationally, the Corpus of Baroque Ceiling Painting in Germany (CbDD) cooperates with numerous research institutions and research groups throughout Europe, notably with:
- The Research Group Baroque Ceiling Painting in Central Europe (see website)
- The Academies´ Project „Residenzstädte im Alten Reich (1300–1800). Urbanität im integrativen und konkurrierenden Beziehungsgefüge von Herrschaft und Gemeinde” (see website)
- Zentralinstitut für Kunstgeschichte München (see website)
- Rudolstädter Arbeitskreis für Residenzkultur (see website)
- Palatium. Court Residences as Places of Exchange in Late Medieval and Early Modern Europe 1400–1700 (see website)